SB 179: Stop "3rd gender" identity fraud //
Oppose SB 179 -- STOP "3rd gender" identity fraud
WHAT'S WRONG WITH SB 179
On drivers' license applications and drivers' licenses, SB 179 would require 3 "genders" to be offered -- male, female, or "nonbinary," meaning not exclusively male or female, or a combination of two or more "genders."
Anyone would be able to "change" their gender, simply by filing a form with the state. SB 179 says this signed form "shall be accepted as conclusive proof of gender change," thus eliminating the current law requiring a physician's affidavit affirming that "clinically appropriate treatment for the purpose of gender transition" has occurred.
Minors who want to "change" their gender could do so by getting one parent to agree, which would automatically drag the disagreeing parent into court to "show cause."
WHO'S PUSHING THIS BILL
Authored by 9 California Democrats who are either homosexual practitioners or support the unnatural, unhealthy, "LGBTIQ" agenda, SB 179 cannot be beaten on merit. But, like so many bad bills, it can defeated on process.
You see, the Democrat politicians in control of California government believe in sexual anarchy. Whatever sexual behavior or sexual "identity" anyone wants to be is wickedly OK with them.
Yet SB 179 ushering in new identity fraud should concern any legislator who claims to be anti-crime.
HOW SB 179 WOULD CONFUSE KIDS & CREATE NEW IDENTITY FRAUD
1. Confusing children: Children would be lied to about Nature and health, and entertain the idea that it's OK for a doctor to cut off their healthy body parts. At the DMV, 15- and 16-year-olds getting learner's permits and driver's licenses will be told they are either "male," "female," or "nonbinary."
2. Identity fraud: SB 179 eliminates the current state law that requires anyone seeking to "change" their gender to seek and receive a physician's declaration that "gender change" is occurring. However, under SB 179, anyone could file a simple form with the State of California to "change" their gender. Imagine how police and courts would be befuddled by this new identity fraud. Imagine the arrest of a biological male whose driver's license says "nonbinary." Or someone whose new birth certificate says "nonbinary," but they dress as a man one day and a woman the other. And if one's sex can be officially "changed" by simply -- even repeatedly -- filing a form with the state government, it's going to be a lot harder to accurately identify "nonbinary" accused criminals in open court.
WHAT TO SAY: When you call, give your name and city and say you live in that legislators district and that you're calling to say, "Please prevent identity fraud and oppose SB 179, which eliminates a physician's verification of gender change. Protect our courts and police from fraud."
Your Evening Action (call ONLY between 7pm to 7am)
CALL KEY MEMBERS of the two Senate committees assigned SB 179, NO MATTER WHAT DISTRICT YOU LIVE IN.
Please call in the order below ONLY between 7pm and 7am when offices are CLOSED. Do NOT share your name, location, or any identification.
LEAVE THE MESSAGE: "I'm calling to urge Senator ______ to please prevent identity fraud. Oppose SB 179, which eliminates a physician's verification of gender change. Protect our courts and police from fraud. Thank you."
Senate Transportation and Housing Committee (key members)
1. Republican Senator Mike Morrell (916) 651-4023
2. Republican Senator Anthony Cannella (916) 651-4012
3. Republican Senator Ted Gaines (916) 651-4001
4. Republican Senator Patricia Bates (916) 651-4036
5. Democrat Senator Tony Mendoza (916) 651-4032
6. Democrat Senator Richard Roth (916) 651-4031
7. Democrat Senator Mike McGuire (916) 651-4002
8. Democrat Senator Jim Beall (916) 651-4015
9. Democrat Senator Benjamin Allen (916) 651-4026
10. Democrat Senator Bob Wieckowski (916) 651-4010
Senate Judiciary Committee (key members)
1. Republican Senator John Moorlach (916) 651-4037
2. Republican Senator Joel Anderson (916) 651-4038
3. Democrat Senator Henry Stern (916) 651-4027
4. Democrat Senator Robert Hertzberg (916) 651-4018
5. Democrat Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson (916) 651-4019
6. Democrat Senator Bob Wieckowski (916) 651-4010
BONUS ACTION: Contact Gov. Jerry Brown
Also deliver your opposition message to Governor Jerry Brown, saying "Please veto SB 179 if it reaches your desk. This bill invites identity fraud by eliminating a physician's affidavit of gender change. Protect our courts and police from fraud. Veto SB 179."
CALL: 916-445-2841 (during regular business hours)
EMAIL: Use this webform